I introduced in Bunsik part 1, how much Korean love eating street food with dipping the food in the sauce. Today I will introduce another Korean eating habit and good combination menu to order in Bunsik restaurant.
1. Crush a boiled egg in Ttobokki(떡볶이)
Normally one or two boiled eggs are in Ttobokki. Some Korean like to crush a egg in Ttobokki and eat with the sauce.
2. Frying powder in Odeng-tang(오뎅탕/Fish cake soup) or in Tteok-bokki soup(국물 떡볶이)
3. Completely mix rice balls(Ju-Mok-Bap/주먹밥) in Tobokki
Some Korean who really love sauce even put the rice balls into the Ttobokki sauce and eat after mix.
Some Korean Bunsik restaurant made new menu which already foods are dipped in Ttobokki sauce. I think this is because they found Korean like sauce.
The new menu with sauce is:
1. Fried food with Ttobokki sauce.
This dish already has the sauce in it that people no need to additionally order Ttobokki for the sauce.
2. Fried rice with Ttobokki sauce.
Thanks for reading. 🙂